Bed & Breakfast near Oxford film locations
The Cottage is a four-star luxury bed and breakfast near film locations where you're guaranteed a friendly welcome, comfortable bed and breakfast made with local produce
Cottage bed and breakfast near Oxford film locations in a picturesque village
The Cottage is an ideal bed and breakfast near Oxford film locations. Many films have been filmed in Oxford and in the countryside around our bed and breakfast. We offer sumptuous bedrooms, local food and a touch of Cotswold charm.
Find out more about our Bed & Breakfast for Oxfordshire film locations.
Visit these Oxford, Oxfordshire and Cotswold film locations from our bed and breakfast…
- Harry Potter featured many Oxford-inspired buildings, including the Great Hall at Hogwarts. The Bodleian Library, New College and Christ Church all appeared in the films.
- Downton Abbey was filmed just a few miles up the road from us in Bampton. The village features in many famous scenes and the church was used for the marriage of Lady Mary.
- Inspector Morse was set in Oxford and numerous locations around the city were used in the filming of the programmes, including the Morse Bar at the Randolph Hotel.
- Blenheim Palace has appeared in many films including Spectre, The BFG and Transformers, Cinderella, Gulliver’s Travels and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.
- Midsomer Murders was filmed in various locations in South Oxfordshire, just a short drive away.
Other films shot in Oxford, the Cotswolds and the surrounding area include Brideshead Revisited, The Saint, Tomorrow Never Dies, X-Men: First Class, Pride & Prejudice, Emma, The Bourne Ultimatum, Nativity 3 and A Casual Vacancy.
We’re also a great base for visiting…
- Oxford, including Oxford University, the University Parks and Oxford’s museums
- Blenheim Palace
- The Cotswolds
- Bicester Village
- Westonbirt Arboretum
- Local National Trust Properties
- Woodstock & Bladon
- The River Thames & The Thames Path
- …and numerous other local attractions and events
A Friendly Welcome
Guests staying at The Cottage Bed & Breakfast near Witney, Oxfordshire, are guaranteed a warm welcome from your hosts, Janice & Andrew Kitchen.
You’ll enjoy comfortable, home-from-home four-star accommodation which offers sumptuously furnished bedrooms, en-suite and private bathrooms, a cosy guest lounge with a wood-burning fireplace, your own front door and free use of our well-tended gardens (by prior arrangement).
Our guest accommodation offers Cotswold charm and character, combined with the luxury you would expect from four-star bed and breakfast accommodation. The Cottage has three bedrooms which are all available exclusively for grown up guests. Relax in our guest lounge and enjoy one of our award-winning breakfasts each morning before setting off to explore the local area.